Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ram Ramblings: A breakdown of WSSU's football schedule

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina  --  I haven’t yet talked to Connell Maynor about this fall’s football schedule but I’m sure he’s going to say it’s a challenging one. That’s what all football coaches say when the schedule is revealed.

About the only real challenges I see for WSSU in 2013 will come from UNC Pembroke and defending SIAC champions Tuskegee. As for their CIAA schedule I don’t see many challenges except from possible Shaw and St. Augustine’s.
 

Even though the Rams lost a lot of key parts off a 14-1 team that went to the Division II national championship game it’s hard for me to envision them losing in the CIAA next season. They have won 20 straight regular-season games and are 35-4 in Maynor’s three seasons.

I talked to Maynor briefly about his recruiting class for this fall and he said he was thrilled with the incoming high-school players. When I asked him about the transfers that are also on campus he didn’t offer much.

READ MORE 

No comments: