Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hakeem Baxter chooses Maryland Eastern Shore

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania  --  Philadelphia Electric and Technology Charter guard Hakeem Baxter has committed to the Unviersity of Maryland Eastern Shore.

The 6-foot-2 guard was one of the top scorers in the Public League, averaging 22.6 points per game in the Public League and 18.8 points per game overall. Baxter was a First Team All-Public League selection.

Even though he waited to decide until mid-April, Baxter was relived to have finally committed, and said the decision to attend UMES was a no-brainer for him.



“There was really no one else in the running. I didn’t have anybody else in mind. Nobody else that was recruiting me had that relationship with me,” Baxter told CoBL over the phone earlier today.

“They’ve been recruiting me all year. I like the coaching staff. I went on an official visit and met the whole administration, coaching staff, everybody at the school, I liked the school, the coaches kept it real with me about everything and what’s going to happen. I liked everything about it.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: