Tuesday, June 4, 2013

FAMU in NCAA finals: Nakia Linson chases records



TALLAHASSEE. Florida -- Nakia Linson can’t remember the name of the little girl she raced against during a middle-school physical education class, but it was a life-changing experience.

At the time, Linson was considered the fastest girl in her Atlanta-area neighborhood.

“She was faster than me,” said Linson, now a star runner on the FAMU women’s track team. “I thought I was the fastest girl, but she shut me down. I was a bit jealous, but I didn’t show it.”

Linson recounted the story Monday while explaining her passion for running, saying the race was her inspiration for striving to be the best. That drive has won her a berth in the NCAA Track and Field Championships in Eugene, Ore., beginning Wednesday, when she runs with the Rattlers’ 4x100 track team.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: