Friday, July 5, 2013

Albany State signs ex-Grambling State QB Rivers

ALBANY, Georgia  --  Albany State’s cloudy quarterback picture is now a little bit clearer.
 
The Rams, who have been searching for a quarterback the entire offseason, have signed Grambling State transfer Frank Rivers, ASU coach Mike White confirmed to The Herald on Thursday.
 
Rivers, a rising junior, started eight games the last two years at Division I Grambling State and said he is excited to be the newest member of the ASU program.
 
“I am really happy to be here,” said Rivers, a 6-foot-5, 205-pound native of Fairfield, Alabama.  “I have been working out with the guys, and them and the coaches all accept me. This team gets a lot of support from the surrounding areas, so I am excited to see how this goes.”
 
It’s the announcement ASU fans have been waiting for ...
 

No comments: