Thursday, July 18, 2013

Elite ASU center Davis hungry for title

MONTGOMERY, Alabama  --  As Edmond Davis prepares for his senior season at Alabama State, the former G.W. Carver High standout doesn’t think of past accomplishments. When he does reflect, he’s simply grateful his head coach gave him the opportunity to be a part of Hornets football.

That may sound a little strange for a player who was a first-team selection to the preseason all-SWAC team at Monday’s SWAC Media Day, but Davis remembers a time in the spring of 2009 when he wasn’t sure he would get to live out his dream of playing for the Hornets.



“I broke my ankle two days after graduation, lifting weights,” Davis said. “That was very disappointing, missing camp my first year. I already had a lot to prove, and then you come in with a broken leg. I respect Coach (Reggie) Barlow for giving me the opportunity. ... He gave me a chance to come in and fight for a position my redshirt freshman year, and the rest is history.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: