Saturday, July 13, 2013

Family Reunion: DeMarco Sanders, Cameron LeFear join Flint coach Tony Holliday at Livingstone College

FLINT, Michigan -- DeMarco Sanders didn't have to look far to spot his biggest backyard rival in his younger years. It was his first cousin: Cameron LeFear.

As competitive basketball players, both often went at it in many knock-down, drag-out battles on Sanders' rim on Flint's north side – under the watchful eyes of their fathers. They also competed once as seniors in high school when Flint Northern faced Powers Catholic and LeFear's Vikings got the 68-65 edge.



That drive to outdo one another on the hardwood eventually helped them reach the college basketball level where the former adversaries are now joining forces as transfers at Livingstone College in Salisbury, N.C.

"I never envisioned that we would get to play with each other in college," said Sanders, a 2010 Flint Powers Catholic grad. "We somewhat talked about it, but it's kind of crazy that we actually can play together. Actually, I thought I was going to North Carolina by myself but now that I know I have a family member down there with me it's great."



CONTINUE READING

No comments: