Friday, August 23, 2013

Bowie State football expects a winning season

BOWIE, Maryland  -- Since Damon Wilson became Bowie State University’s football coach four years ago, he says he has instilled a fierce competitive drive amongst his players. And that mindset has carried over to his players’ dorm rooms — specifically their Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 video game consoles.

“I’m the best [NCAA 14] player hands down,” said senior quarterback Jared Johnston, who plays with Oregon because he “loves” the Ducks’ zone read option attack. “I mean, I may lose a few games, but I’m the best.”

Redshirt junior running back and Suitland High School graduate Keith Brown has another take on the virtual competition.

“I can’t say who is the best because that may get me in trouble, but I am versatile,” he said with a hearty laugh and smile. Brown, who thinks he would be rated 88 or 89 overall with 91 speed, 90 acceleration and 94 stiff arm ratings in the game, plays with Clemson and Oregon in NCAA and with Washington in Madden. “But I can give you the five best. I’m one of them along with [fellow Suitland graduate and starting linebacker] Antoine Young, Jared’s one, our all-conference defensive back Curtis Pumphrey and our new lineman [Henry A. Wise grad] Anthony [McDaniel].

CONTINUE READING

No comments: