Sunday, August 4, 2013

Michael Wallace makes return to Savannah State football team

SAVANNAH, Georgia  --  Life has come full circle for Savannah State assistant football coach Michael Wallace.

He was born in Clyo and played for Effingham County High School before earning a scholarship to Savannah State. He starred with the Tigers as a player and eventually logged 11 years as an assistant before leaving to coach at Morris Brown, Clark Atlanta, Stillman, Lane and Benedict.

Now he has returned to the school by the sea.

Wallace will be coaching the inside linebackers and special teams for Tigers first-year coach Earnest Wilson.

“Coaching here at my alma mater is always what I wanted to do,” Wallace said. “When I got into my fourth or fifth year (as an assistant coach at SSU), I didn’t even consider trying to go anywhere. This is where I was happy.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: