Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ram Ramblings: Some common sense to the WSSU-N.C. A&T argument

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- There’s been plenty of Internet discussion about the article I cobbled together on Winston-Salem State and N.C. A&T not playing each other in football in the foreseeable future.

Back when WSSU was making a transition to Division I and the MEAC a few years ago the rivalry was renewed and it was big fun. During those five years t
he Rams owned a 3-2 record over the Aggies but in the overall series the Aggies are in command at 37-12.

In the years I’ve covered WSSU athletics, this will be football season 18 for me, the excitement level of a WSSU-A&T game is different than anything else. The schools are close to each other, there’s a lot of history and from what I understand there hasn’t been that hatred between the two schools like some rivalries.

Regardless of how exciting the game would be for ...


CONTINUE READING

No comments: