Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ram Ramblings: WSSU getting into swing of football practice

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina  --  The first thing I noticed as the WSSU football players started to trickle onto the practice field Wednesday morning was I didn’t know who they were.

For about the first 20 players the only recognizable face was wide receiver Kenny Patterson.
Later on, when I was talking to some of the veterans of the team, I figured out why I didn’t know many faces. Out of the 110 players in preseason camp there are around 60 newcomers between the transfers and incoming freshmen.

The Rams lost nearly 30 players from last season's team through exhausted eligibility and other reasons.

“I keep telling anybody who will listen we have a lot of new guys,” Coach Connell Maynor said.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: