Monday, November 4, 2013

Big first quarter lifts Lane Dragons over KSU Thorobreds

JACKSON, Tennessee  -- Lane head coach Derrick Burroughs has been publicly critical of his team’s defense this year.

Saturday, that same defense gave up 450 yards of offense and four touchdowns.

But it also recovered two fumbles in the first quarter and forced two timely interceptions, one late in the game, to help the Dragons knock off visiting Kentucky State on senior day at Lane Field, 38-28.
“The first half, I tell you what, I was proud of them,” Burroughs said. “We showed little remnants of that old defense, but I was proud of the guys.

“I have been very critical, but I don’t want to be critical in a situation like this. They’ve done everything they could do.”

With just over five minutes remaining, Lane held a 31-21 lead over the Thorobr
eds with Kentucky State driving the ball deep into Lane territory.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: