Wednesday, January 15, 2014

B-CU safety Addison says he will forego senior season to try to play in the NFL

DAYTONA BEACH, Florida -- Although he hasn’t gotten the feedback he had hoped for, Bethune-Cookman safety Nick Addison said Tuesday he plans to forego his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

“After the season, I did some thinking and I felt I was ready to make the next step,” Addison said. “I want to be able to better my future and help my family financially.”

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound junior from Rivierview Spoto High was a two-time All-Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference first-teamer. He was named to the Associated Press FCS All-America second team in 2013.

Addison tied for the MEAC lead in interceptions with five this season after intercepting four passes in 2012.

He returned one interception for a touchdown in 2013 and tied for second on the team with 64 tackles. He also had one fumble recovery and forced two fumbles.




CONTINUE READING

No comments: