Saturday, January 18, 2014

Towson, Morgan State players hope to make an impression at NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

BALTIMORE, Maryland  -- Jordan Love and Karim Barton played in relative obscurity as they finished their college football careers a few miles down the road from each other.

Love was a starting cornerback for a Towson team that went to the NCAA Football Championship Subdivison championship; Barton a first-team all-conference offensive lineman at Morgan State.

But this week, the two small-school standouts are both at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl in California, trying to make a name for themselves while representing their universities as they line up against players from premiere Football Bowl Subdivision programs such as Ohio State, Missouri and Oklahoma.

"I'm just taking it all in. I'm humbled by the whole situation, considering where I come from," Barton said. "This whole week has been a blast, a great experience. And to represent a school like Morgan State, I feel pressure but at the same time I know there are a lot of people out there pulling for me."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: