Friday, April 11, 2014

Alabama State football: Backup tackle in starting role for now

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- Jylan Ware may have just one more game in his role as a starting offensive tackle, so the Alabama State junior is trying to make the most of it.

Ware has been “filling in” for starting right tackle Tovar Allen for most of the spring after serving as the second-team left tackle last season behind starter Matthew Bates.

“I feel like it’s a great opportunity for me to come in and show what I can do with our right tackle being out,” Ware said. “They moved me to the starting right tackle spot to see what I can do. Being a backup and a starter is two different things. Being in that starting spot is an honor, and I have to work to keep it. I like how I’m doing. I have definitely shown some improvement from the fall.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: