Monday, April 21, 2014

Benicia (Calif.) softball player Chanler Powell signs with Texas Southern



BENICIA, California  -- If Chanler Powell plays this relaxed all season, the Benicia High School softball team may be unstoppable.

Of course, signing her letter of intent to play at Texas Southern University may have had something to do with that.

During a week when she went 6-for-8 with two homers, two doubles, nine RBIs and .750 average, the senior second baseman made her signing official at Rookies Sports Bar & Grill in Benicia on Saturday afternoon.

"It is definitely stressful when you haven't made a decision yet," she said. "You definitely feel like you have something to prove. I think I am the type of player who plays better relaxed. I think once I had my offer and made my decision, I just relaxed and trusted my body and trusted my hands and just let it happen."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: