Sunday, April 13, 2014

Celtics' Robinson set to show he's up for Howard Bison college challenge

OCALA, Florida  -- All Alizah Robinson wants is a chance.  A chance to show he has the goods to succeed at the next level.

The Trinity Catholic defensive back knows he is undersized. But the confident senior also knows that what he lacks in height, he more than makes up for with speed, agility and instinct.
 
That much was evident on the football field last fall when Robinson earned a starting spot right out of the gate in his only year at Trinity.



The transfer from Lecanto put together enough solid game film to send away to colleges, and when Howard University came calling with a spot on its team, Robinson jumped.
 
"This opportunity has eliminated (the size issue) with me," the 5-foot-8, 150 pounder said. "I've never had my talent questioned. As long as I keep getting bigger, I know I have what it takes to perform at the college level."
 

No comments: