Sunday, April 27, 2014

James Spady hopeful after first spring game as Alabama A&M football coach

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama---James Spady's smile beamed almost as brightly as the afternoon sun on Louis Crews Stadium.

The former Nevada assistant and first-year head coach was teeming at the thought of what could be as he answered  a reporter's questions, following the Bulldogs annual Maroon & White spring football game which attracted an estimated 1,500 supporters.
 
"The feedback was tremendous," Spady said. "All I've heard was, 'This is unique" and "We hadn't had that many people at a spring game'. I don't know. I wasn't here but like I said the feedback was tremendous. I feel really good about it. I actually had a good time today. It was a festive atmosphere. If that's what it's like on an April afternoon in spring football, oh Oct. 4th (the Bulldogs' home-opener against Grambling State) is going to be ridiculous and I can't wait.



CONTINUE READING

No comments: