Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ram Ramblings: Lots of upheaval in the last four months in athletics department

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- If there’s one thing about Twitter I like is that I can try to be funny.

After it became a done deal that Bobby Collins, the highly-successful WSSU basketball coach, was taking over at Division I Maryland-Eastern Shore I was wondering where everybody had gone.

In the last four months WSSU has said good-bye to Connell Maynor (now the Hampton football coach), athletics director Bill Hayes (retirement), Chancellor Donald Reaves (impending retirement) and now Collins. I joked on Twitter that the last key figure at WSSU to leave better turn out the lights.

After what WSSU has enjoyed the last four seasons in terms of success that’s a lot of turnover that has taken place.

No comments: