Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monroe star QB Charles Stafford signs with Albany State

Monroe quarterback Charles Stafford will red-shirt his freshman year at ASU

ALBANY, Georgia  — Charles Stafford broke every quarterback record at Monroe High and made the Tornadoes one of the most dangerous offensive teams in Southwest Georgia.

On Tuesday, he announced that he’s sticking around the Good Life City a little longer.
 
The star quarterback and 2012 Herald Player of the Year signed with Albany State, giving the Rams a Division I-caliber quarterback and a major recruiting victory.


 
“I think I made the best decision of my life,” said Stafford, who will likely be red-shirted this fall while senior quarterback and reigning SIAC Newcomer of the Year Frank Rivers wraps up his college career. “I know the coaches at Albany State are very good coaches and are going to look out for me no matter what. They were really upfront with me by telling me that I will be red-shirted this year and then the team will be mine for the next four years.”
 

No comments: