Friday, August 1, 2014

Freshman linebacker in hurry-up mode at FAMU

TALLAHASSEE, Florida  -- The sense of urgency to play college football was obvious in Fitzgerald Mofor's voice, as he talked about finally getting his college football career started.He had to make an unexpected stop at a prep school. He's at FAMU now, hoping to make the team as one of four starting linebackers.

"I'm really pumped," he said. "I want to showcase my talent; try to show what I can do."He would have been doing that a year ago at Benedict College, which signed him in the spring of 2013 out of Sherwood High School in Maryland. Instead, he ended up at Jireh Preparatory Academy high school in Matthews, N.C., for a semesterHe's been attending summer classes at FAMU, hoping the stay ahead of the academic curb.

"I'm really pumped," he said. "I want to showcase my talent; try to show what I can do."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: