Wednesday, August 6, 2014

SSU’s Smith Signs Professional Basketball Contract

SAVANNAH, Georgia -- Former Savannah State men’s basketball player Jyles Smith has signed a professional contract to play with the Copenhagen Wolkpack in the Demark Ligaen.

During his senior season with SSU, Smith led the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference in rebounds and blocks, averaging 8.2 rebounds and 3.1 blocks per game. The 6-9 Fairburn, Georgia native also averaged 8.4 points per game while shooting 54 percent from the field. Smith was named to the All-MEAC Third Team.



“I am very excited to start my pro career for the Wolfpack inCopenhagen,” said Smith. “I will do anything the team asks of me to help us get wins. I can’t wait to get to Denmark.”

“I am delighted Jyles will be joining the Copenhagen Wolfpack this season, he brings energy and a defensive presence that is going to be key for our team this year. He is extremely athletic and his ability to run the floor and finish around the rim will fit perfectly into my system,” said Gavin Love, Copenhagen Wolfpack Head Coach. “Although a rookie, I fully expect Jyles to be one of the top rebounders and shot blockers in the Ligaen this year.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: