Sunday, September 28, 2014

Albany State defense shines in victory over Miles

ALBANY, Georgia — The ball squirted out near the goal line and junior cornerback Fred Holton wasted no time when he saw the loose ball dribbling on the Albany State University Coliseum turf Saturday night.

##Holton scooped up the ball and ran down the Miles College sideline 97 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter, helping the Rams pick up a 14-7 victory, their first of the season in their home opener.

##More importantly, the Rams won their second straight over the Golden Bears (1-3).

##But Holton, the junior transfer from Georgia Tech, gave the Rams a commanding 14-0 lead when he scored with 13:38 left in the second quarter. His touchdown turned out to be the margin of victory.

##“I was pretty much surprised,” Houston said. “I saw one of my teammates pretty much demolish their running back. The next thing I know, I saw the ball come out and I knew it was my time. I caught it, it came straight to me, then I just took off. I credit my teammate for that … that was his play.”

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: