Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Albany State University quarterback Frank Rivers, QB coach Brian Von Bergen forming strong bond

ALBANY, Georgia -- Practice is over and most of the players head back to the field house to get dressed.

But in a small corner of the football practice field at Albany State University, quarterback Frank Rivers and newly hired quarterbacks coach Brian Von Bergen continue to work, oblivious that most of the team has called it a day.

It doesn’t matter that Rivers, who was named the 2014 SIAC Preseason Offensive Player of the Year, threw for 1,898 yards and 18 touchdowns last year. He listens to everything Von Bergen says, nodding in agreement.

“Everything is going pretty good,” said the soft-spoken Rivers. “He’s bringing out some new stuff that I need to add to my game, which I believe is helping me and I feel myself getting better each and every day. So I’m kind of excited to see where this year is going to go with a new coach.”

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: