Sunday, September 28, 2014

Ivy leads Jackson State to its first SWAC victory

PINE BLUFF, Arkansas – The pocket-passing quarterback was told he needed to run more.

So that's just what he did.

Jackson State's LaMontiez Ivy saw an opening to his right, sprinted for the 15-yard game-winning touchdown and handed JSU its first Southwestern Athletic Conference win.

The Tigers defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff 33-30 in overtime Saturday at Golden Lion Stadium and grabbed a much-needed victory after back-to-back losses.

"People been talking to me about running, so I put it in my head that if I have an opportunity to run I'll run," Ivy said. "So on the last play, the play before that, we had trips (formation). And nobody lined up on the same receiver side. So I told Coach to go to the draw on the other side, and I would just have to beat one person. So we called it, and I got to the end zone. And I beat him."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: