Saturday, October 4, 2014

FAMU AD Winslow patient with Holmes despite losses

 KELLEN WINSLOW
FAMU Athletic Director
TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Reacting to calls on social media for the termination of head football coach Earl Holmes, FAMU's athletic director Kellen Winslow said his entire department is under scrutiny.

However, Winslow said he is concerned about the Rattlers' 0-4 start and he has met with the second-year coach to discuss his solutions for a turnaround.

"I'm trying to figure it out myself," Winslow said. "I had a conversation with coach Holmes and he is trying to figure it out also."

Winslow, who is entering his sixth month as athletics director, is a NFL Hall of Famer.

"I don't quite get into his business and say how to do this; how to do that," said Winslow. "It seems to me he is making decisions that he thinks he needs to make."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: