Thursday, December 18, 2014

Alcorn State offers scholarship to Pascagoula football player

PASCAGOULA, Mississippi  -- Pascagoula senior linebacker Randy Hogan recently received a scholarship offer from Alcorn State, his first from a four-year school.

Hogan had 90 tackles this season as part of a talented Panthers defense that featured a pair of FBS commitments - defensive tackle Jauan Collins (Southern Miss) and defensive end Keith Joseph Jr. (Mississippi State).

Hogan already had three scholarship offers from Pearl River Community College, Jones Junior College and Southwest CC, but it was a relief to get his first offer from a four-year school.

"It feels great," Hogan said. "Back at the beginning of the season, I had a couple of schools looking at me but they weren't sure how I would do against the pass. They knew I could stop the run. Now schools see I can defend the pass. I can be versatile on both sides of the ball (playing fullback also)."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: