Monday, December 22, 2014

Bethune-Cookman promotes Terry Sims as new head football coach

TERRY SIMS
HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
BETHUNE-COOKMAN UNIVERSITY
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida -- Bethune-Cookman University introduced Terry Sims as the Wildcats new head football coach Monday at a press conference on the B-CU campus.

"I'm very confident. I'm a confident person," Sims said after being introduced. "I will be different from Coach [Brian] Jenkins. I'm a people person and so we will be different in that sense."

"I'm trying to hold it all back ... I'm bubbling right now. It's a great Christimas gift and I can't wait to get going."

Sims, who served as assistant head coach/special teams/safeties for the past five years, takes over the reins following the departure of Brian Jenkins, who left for a similar position at Alabama State.

"I thought I had the job after he left," Sims said of Jenkins, to much laughter from those in attendance.

It was important for athletics director Lynn Thompson that the search zeroed on Smis to stay in house with the success of the program over the past five years.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: