Thursday, January 15, 2015

Steven Aycock is out as JCSU head football coach

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina  -- After a season in which his team went a disappointing 3-7, Steven Aycock has resigned as head football coach at Johnson C. Smith University, effective Jan. 15.

In a statement released late Wednesday by the university, Aycock described the decision as “very difficult.”

“For the last 10 years, I have devoted my life to the football program as assistant coach and head coach,” he said. “It has been a great journey.”

Aycock expressed gratitude for his time with the Golden Bulls.

“I will always love my young men who I’ve watched grow both on and off the field as well as the ones I’ve seen graduate and go on to be productive in their professions and their communities,” he said.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: