Wednesday, January 7, 2015

UVA Quarterback David Watford will finish his college career at Hampton University

HAMPTON, Virginia -- After nearly a month of searching for the right place to get back on the field, David Watford is continuing his football career where it began.

Watford, a 6-foot-2, 210-pound quarterback who graduated from Hampton High and spent the past four seasons at Virginia, has transferred to Hampton University. He told the Daily Press he'll begin graduate classes Monday in sports administration at HU, where he'll compete next season as a redshirt senior quarterback.



"I'm definitely excited for the opportunity, and a fresh start at the end of the day," said Watford, a former U.Va. starting quarterback who graduated from the school with an undergraduate degree in African-American studies. "I want to have fun and play up to my capabilities.

"(HU's coaches) told me I'll have to work for my spot to earn it. It's my job to go out there and earn my spot and keep it."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: