Thursday, May 14, 2015

Tech's Aubre Allen finds new hoops family at Lincoln

GEORGETOWN, Delaware -- Whenever he was on the floor, the Sussex Tech basketball team was better.

The 6-foot-3 senior point guard was one of the keys to the Ravens' playoff run and 9-10 season.

Aubre Allen shot, passed and rebounded on the floor for Tech and next winter he will be doing it for the Division II Lincoln University Lions.

"I'm very excited," Allen said. "Coach (John) Hill, coach (Scott) Barker and I have a very good relationship. I'm very excited because I feel like I've prepared myself my whole life to get to the next level. Not many kids get to play at the next level — I just feel I'm very blessed."

Ravens' head coach Steve Perry said Allen's versatility is what can give him success at the next level.

"One thing they noticed is he sees the floor well, handles the ball well with his height," Perry said. "You haven't really seen the best of Aubre. Once he gets some college experience and gets stronger, he's going to shine."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: