Friday, July 24, 2015

JCSU picked to finish 5th in CIAA Southern Division in football

DURHAM, North Carolina -- It's a new day for football at Johnson C. Smith as Kermit Blount takes over as head coach, but once again, the Golden Bulls get low marks in the conference preseason rankings.

Today at CIAA Football Media Day, they were picked to finish 5th in the 6 team Southern Division. Winston-Salem State was picked to win the Southern Division.

Speaking of W-S State, coach Blount saw great success at his alma mater as he won 91 games as their head coach and won 2 CIAA titles. He knows the conference very well and knows preseason polls don't mean a thing.

"They can pick me #14 if they want to I really don't care," said coach Blount. "The bottom line is I know I have some young men who are really going to go to war and battle. That's the only thing that matters to me."

WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

CONTINUE READING

No comments: