Friday, October 9, 2015

A&T Aggies have Broadway on verge of milestone

GREENSBORO, North Carolina  -- The next time A&T wins a football game, it will be the 100th victory for head coach Rod Broadway.

It’s a nice round figure, a milestone for a man who has spent the past 37 years of his life in college football as either an assistant or head coach.

But what does 100 wins mean to Broadway himself?

“Honestly? Nothing,” Broadway said. “I just want to win one, man. That’s as far as I look ahead. If we can win the next one, I’ll be grateful. All the 100 means is that I’ve been coaching for a long time, and that I’ve had good (assistant) coaches and good players. ... It isn’t about me. I didn’t do this for me. I do this to try to help people.”

Broadway has certainly helped A&T. He took over a program that was 1-10 the season before his arrival and saddled with academic issues.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: