Friday, January 15, 2016

Why did DeVante Kincade leave Ole Miss for Grambling?



OXFORD, Mississippi - Quarterback DeVante Kincade won’t have to drive so far to see his mother anymore.

The redshirt sophomore transferred from Ole Miss to Grambling State this month in an effort to be closer to his mother, Latonya Boyd, who lives in the Dallas area. She suffered a stroke two years ago and has been battling blood clots in her legs and has had an aneurysm.

Kincade consistently made the 16-hour round-trip to check on her and care for her, sometimes going once a week and staying for a day or two. From Grambling to Dallas will be nine hours shorter.

“So hard,” he said. “It was a stress, man, because I was thinking about my mom and I wanted to practice plus I had homework on top of that. I told her I just want to come home and be closer to her so I won’t have to be going back and forth that far.”

Kincade may also become Grambling’s ...

CONTINUE READING

No comments: