Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Porter, Fosselman highlight Jackson State's pro day

JACKSON, Mississippi -- Robert Porter took off from the starting line in his first 40 and slipped.

But the former Jackson State defensive back didn't let that define his performance at Jackson State's pro day, which was held at D1 Sports in Madison on Wednesday.

"I would give myself an A, I gave it all I got," Porter said. "I think I did pretty well, I'm happy with myself."

It was the second pro day for Porter, who has been training in Louisville, after he participated in Eastern Michigan's last week.

There were at least 12 NFL scouts in attendance, which included representatives from teams such as: the Seattle Seahawks, Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots.

Those 40s were hand-timed, so times varied a bit, One scout had recorded a 4.55 40 for Porter, who is a Detroit, Michigan, native. The highlight of Porter's day wasn't on the field, it was on the bench. Porter benched 225 pounds 22 times, which is a solid number for a defensive back.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: