Sunday, July 10, 2016

Jackson 'ecstatic' with new opportunity at Kentucky State

BLUEFIELD, West Virginia — It has been a productive few weeks for Jamaal Jackson. It started with the city of Cleveland finally winning a championship and followed with him being offered his dream job.

It promises to get even better in the near future.

“The last four to six weeks have been great. I am from Ohio and my father is in Cleveland so me and him went to Game 6 of the Cavs series (with the Golden State Warriors) together where they won,” Jackson said. “Then on Sunday on Father’s Day we spent the day together and watched them win the NBA championship.

“Then our basketball camp (at Bluefield State) was really successful. We had a lot of kids there that did a great job and then this happened and then my anniversary is around the corner and my birthday is around the corner so I am on Cloud 9.

For good reason. Jackson has been hired as the new men’s basketball coach at Kentucky State, which is where he graduated from in 2004 and later continued on as an assistant coach through 2008.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: