Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Ram Ramblings: Seeing Gaddy again lifted my spirits

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- I didn’t know what to expect when I arranged to meet Marquise Gaddy at Bowman Gray Stadium’s fieldhouse earlier this week.

Gaddy, who lives with his family in Charlotte, was severely injured last September in a tackling drill and suffered a broken neck and spinal cord injuries.

By some 10 months later when I saw him bounce out of his car and walk to the fieldhouse I was amazed.
As you could imagine the reason I wanted to talk with Gaddy was to see how excited he was about re-enrolling for the fall and getting back to school. I had no idea that Gaddy has bigger plans and is open to the possibility of playing again.

I’ve written a story that will run in the newspaper in the morning but there is so much going on with how powerful a statement Gaddy is making. He looks good, looks taller and weighing at about 185 pounds he doesn’t look at all like somebody who had to learn to walk again.



CONTINUE READING

No comments: