Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Latrell Scott returning to Richmond as Norfolk State football coach

RICHMOND, Virginia -- Norfolk State’s Saturday date at the University of Richmond was arranged, in part, by a former Spiders coach who is now the Spartans coach.

Latrell Scott, a Richmond native and Lee-Davis High graduate, leads NSU (1-0) at UR (1-0), where he was an assistant during 2005-07 and the head coach for the 2010 season. Scott and David Walsh, Richmond’s deputy athletics director, scheduled this Norfolk State visit while Scott was the Spiders’ coach.

The way things developed, it’s homecoming for Scott.

“I’m excited about it. I get the opportunity to see my family, see a bunch of my friends,” said Scott, 41. “The University of Richmond is a special place for me. I spent a lot of years there. But more important than me returning to Richmond is getting the opportunity to compete against one of the best (FCS) teams in the country.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: