Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Culver: Lincoln grad Gallon shines on FAMU’s defense

Quenteze Gallon 2405997
Quenteze Gallon
LB, 5'-10" 205 lbs.
Sophomore
Courtesy FAMU Sports Information
TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Redshirt freshman quarterback Ryan Stanley received plenty of attention and accolades from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference this season, but there’s another member of Alex Wood’s 2015 signing class who should get some All-MEAC consideration this year.

Sophomore linebacker Quenteze Gallon made his mark as one of FAMU’s best defenders this season.

The Lincoln grad picked up 45 total tackles (29 solo) and 7 tackles for loss during the 2016 season. He was second on the team in both stats and was one of the best defenders on the field in FAMU’s loss to Bethune-Cookman on Saturday.

“I’m just playing hard for my pride and where I’m from,” he said. “All of my people that surround my like my family, it’s just my motivation. You could say it’s a good thing I’m playing in my hometown in Tallahassee.”

Gallon led all players with 13 total tackles (10 solo, also a game-high) and tallied two tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

Gallon played in all 11 games for the Rattlers this season after playing in just six games last year and spending most of his time on special teams duty.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: