Friday, November 25, 2016

El Campo receiver commits to Texas Southern

EL CAMPO, Texas -- El Campo senior Wesley Arrambide didn't get a lot of opportunities to catch the ball.

But Arrambide made every reception count.

He caught 20 passes for 401 yards and five touchdowns while helping to lead the Ricebirds to the District 12-4A, Division I championship and into the area playoffs before they finished the season with an 11-1 record.

Arrambide's ability to make the most of his chances led to an offer from Texas Southern University.

Arrambide announced a commitment on Thanksgiving to attend the Houston school next season.

"One thing I loved about Texas Southern is that they've always had faith in my abilities," Arrambide said. "Me coming from El Campo, is hard to be recruited as a receiver and my recruiting coach (Dallas Blalock) has always been here for me, supporting my every decision."

Arrambide also led the district in punt returns with a 20.2-yard average and one touchdown

CONTINUE READING

No comments: