|Syracuse vs. South Carolina State|
|Game Details||Tuesday, Nov. 22 | Syracuse, N.Y. | 7:00 p.m.|
|Game Coverage||Television: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel|
Live Video: ACC Network Extra | Live Stats
Radio: Syracuse IMG Network | Audio
Twitter: @Cuse | @Cuse_MBB
Instagram: @cusepics | @cuse_mbb
|Syracuse Links||News | Roster | Schedule | Notes|
|South Carolina St. Links||News | Roster | Schedule | Notes|
SYRACUSE, New York -- Syracuse returns to the court on Tuesday, Nov. 22 when it hosts South Carolina State as part of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational. Opening tip is set for 7 p.m. in the Carrier Dome.
Tickets for the game can be purchased online at Cuse.com, by phone at 1-888-DOME-TIX or in person at Gate B at the Carrier Dome. Fans can watch the game live on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel throughout New York State and on ACC Network Extra.
- Syracuse defeated Monmouth, 71-50, last Friday night to improve its record to 3-0.
- The Orange remained at No. 18 in this week's AP poll and moved up two spots to No. 16 in the USA Today/Coaches poll.
- Sophomore Frank Howard ranks second in the ACC in assists, while graduate student John Gillon is fourth. Howard is also tied for fourth in the league in steals.
DOWNING OF THE HAWKS
- Graduate student Andrew White III led the Orange with 18 points in their win against Monmouth. He also added six rebounds, four assists and two steals. White leads the Orange and ranks eighth in the ACC in scoring, averaging 18.0 points per game.
- Freshman Taurean Thompson came off the bench to contribute 12 points in the win. He was 5-for-6 from the field and 2-for-3 from the free throw line.
- As a team, Syracuse shot 42.4 percent (25-for-59) from the floor against the Hawks. The Orange were especially accurate in the first half, when they were 14-for-28 (50 percent) from the floor, including 5-for-13 (38.5 percent) from three-point range.
READY FOR A BULLDOG FIGHT
- Tuesday's game will be the first meeting between Syracuse and South Carolina State.
- The Bulldogs are 1-2 this season. South Carolina State opened the season with an 85-39 loss to rv/rv Wichita State before defeating St. Andrews, 93-76. The Bulldogs lost to South Carolina, 92-50, last Friday.
- Eric Eaves leads South Carolina State in scoring. He averages 15.3 points per game. Greg Mortimer also averages double figures in scoring with a 12.3 points-per-game average.
- The Bulldogs were picked to finish second in the MEAC this season in a preseason vote by the league's head coaches. In addition, Eaves and Ed Stephens were chosen to the All-MEAC Preseason Team.
- Murray Garvin is in his fourth season at the helm of the South Carolina State program. He was the MEAC and NABC District 15 Coach of the Year last season when he led the Bulldogs to their best regular-season finish since 2005.
Syracuse goes on the road for the first time for the finale of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational against South Carolina on Saturday, Nov. 26 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY ATHLETIC MEDIA RELATIONS