Friday, November 11, 2016

UMES names Mardela grad women's assistant hoops coach


PRINCESS ANNE, Maryland -- Former UMES Hawk basketball standout Casey Morton has been named as one of the school's latest women's assistant basketball coach.

Morton joins Associate Head Coach Revonda Whitley, Assistant Coach Cedric Jenkins, and Graduate Assistant Vontreece Hayes on Head Coach Fred Batchelor’s staff.

“I’m excited to join the staff,” Morton said in a news release. “I was blessed to have the opportunity to play my collegiate career here and I’m back where it all started. I’m looking forward to the season while learning from a great and seasoned coaching staff.”

Morton ended her collegiate career with 1,230 points, which is fourth all-time in the program’s Division I history. The Eastern Shore native also ranks fourth in total assists (296) and total steals (188).

“It is great to have Casey Morton join our staff,” said Batchelor. “She has continued to support Lady Hawk Nation since she graduated in 2011. I have always appreciated her involvement with the current players as a local graduate.”

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: