Saturday, Nov. 26 | 7 p.m. | Jackson, Miss. | Williams Athletics Center (6,000)
Radio: Catamount Sports Network
Talent: Daniel Hooker (PxP)
Live Stats: CatamountSports.com
Twitter Updates: @Catamounts
• Saturday night’s game will be the first meeting between Western Carolina and Jackson State in men’s basketball.
• Jackson State is one of two first time opponents for the Catamounts this month. WCU had also never faced Miami (Fla.).
• The Catamounts have played just one of the 10 current members of the Southwestern Athletic Conference and hold a perfect 1-0 mark in those games.
• The only SWAC school the Catamounts have faced is Grambling State University.
• The lone meeting took place in 1991 at the Ball State/Cardinal Varsity Club Classic in Muncie, Ind. WCU won the contest 112-87.
• The game against Jackson State marks the third of a seven game road swing for the Catamounts.
• WCU will travel to five different states for the seven games.
• Three of Western Carolina’s five starters come from outside the United States.
• Starting guard Haboubacar Mutombo is from just north of the U.S. in Pickering, Ontario, Canada while WCU’s two forwards call Europe home.
• Sophomore forward Marc Gosselin is a native of Lyon, France while freshman forward Yalim Olcay comes from Izmir, Turkey.
• Olcay has the longest journey home which is 5,670 miles. Gosselin has to travel 4,439 miles home while Mutombo has a relatively short 861 mile journey.
• Haboubacar Mutombo and Marc Gosselin have each led the Catamounts in rebounds in two of the last four games.
• Mutombo led the squad against Hiwassee and Marshall while Gosselin grabbed the lead against North Carolina Central and Ohio State.
• They have each surpassed their career-highs in boards over the last two games as well.
• Mutombo ripped down a career-best 13 boards against the Thundering Herd while Gosselin had a career-high 14 rebounds at Ohio State.