Friday, June 16, 2017

Bishop McNamara grad signs National LOI with Alcorn State

CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Illinois -- Since his little league days, Brandon Thomas has always wanted to play baseball at the Division I level. Next season, he'll finally have his chance.

Thomas, a 2015 graduate of Bishop McNamara, has spent his last two baseball seasons pitching for Prairie State College, an NJCAA program in Chicago Heights.  This fall, he'll take his talents to Mississippi after signing a National Letter of Intent to continue his baseball career at Alcorn State University — a Division I program.

"To be completely honest, it was a shock to me," Thomas said. "It's already something I've been working hard towards. I can't really explain the feeling right now. I'm just going to keep trying and keep pushing every day and see what goes on after that."

While a step up in baseball's never-ending talent pool means a better chance of being noticed by Major League Baseball scouts, Thomas says he doesn't have control over what happens next.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: