Saturday, July 22, 2017

Former Skyline star DeVante Kincade now tearing it up at Grambling State

DALLAS, Texas -- Former Skyline quarterback DeVante Kincade had a great first season at Grambling State, where he accounted for 3,286 yards of offense and 35 touchdowns and was named the Southwestern Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year.

Now he's preparing for his senior season, and he's the SWAC Offensive Preseason Player of the Year. He's expected to do a lot of the things he used to do for Skyline. This highlight from last season should remind Skyline fans of what Kincade did at Skyline:



Kincade starred at Skyline through the 2012 season and then signed with Mississippi on signing day in 2013. He was part of one of the early signing classes for Hugh Freeze, who abruptly resigned Thursday after allegations of sketchy behavior -- here are those details.

Kincade transferred to Grambling State after the 2015 season so he could be closer to his mother, who was struggling with some health issues. He talked about it shortly after transferring in a story in The Clarion-Ledger.

"So hard," he said. "It was a stress, man, because I was thinking about my mom and I wanted to practice plus I had homework on top of that. I told her I just want to come home and be closer to her so I won't have to be going back and forth that far."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: