Sunday, July 2, 2017

Frederick Summers takes over as Talladega College men's basketball coach

TALLADEGA, Alabama -- Frederick Summers was named the new men's basketball coach at Talladega College on Wednesday.

Summers comes to TC after leading Concordia College in Selma to the USCAA national men's basketball championship this past season.

"I am honored and pleased to be named the next head men's basketball coach at Talladega College," Summers said in a press release. "I want to thank President Dr. (Billy C.) Hawkins, Director of Athletics Kevin Herod, Assistant Athletic Director Demond Walker and Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Sharon Whittaker-Davis for the opportunity to join this amazing family.

"I am excited about the challenge that Dr. Hawkins has for the basketball program, and under his leadership, the decision to become a Tornado was not only an easy choice but the right choice and fit for me and my family. We will work extremely hard to continue the tradition of excellence on and off the court in everything we do. I am more than excited to call Talladega my home."

Summers replaces Matt Cross, who was hired as the women's basketball at Louisiana State University in Shreveport.

Cross is the all-time winningest coach in TC history.

TALLADEGA COLLEGE SPORTS INFORMATION

No comments: