Saturday, August 12, 2017

A.C. basketball standout Ray Bethea Jr. headed to Howard U.

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey -- Ray Bethea Jr. committed this week to attend Howard University on an NCAA Division I basketball scholarship.

The Washington school probably had the inside track on the recruiting of the Atlantic City High School standout.

Bethea’s sister Natasha Rae Bethea graduated from Howard in 2011. Bethea attended his sister’s graduation.



“I think it would be a good situation because I have a family line there,” Bethea said. “My sister was telling me how I would like the school, and it was a really good school.”

As a junior last season, the 6-foot-5 Bethea averaged 18 points and 6.3 rebounds. He was a first-team Press All-Star and one of the Cape-Atlantic League’s and South Jersey’s most versatile players.

Bethea visited Howard twice this summer.

“I liked the atmosphere,” Bethea said. “Everybody was very supportive. I felt like the school could make me a better man.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: