Saturday, August 5, 2017

Jonesboro High alum Kali James fitting in well at Tuskegee


TUSKEGEE, Alabama — Jonesboro High (Ga.) alum Kali James picked up right where he left off during his first year as a college football player at Tuskegee University.

James was named Freshman of the Year at the school’s athletic banquet after recording 4.0 tackles for a loss and 2.0 sacks as a starter. That production was on the heels of a senior season at Jonesboro in which James was named Clayton County Defensive Player of the Year, Region 4-AAAA Player of the Year and First Team All-State.

Despite his breakout season, James remains hungry. In fact, he said he believes he’s yet to accomplish anything.

“You know me, I’m so eager to get better I honestly didn’t think I did that good. That’s just me,” he said. “This offseason I’ve been trying to get my mind stronger and getting stronger. Last year is behind me. I got Freshman of the Year but honestly that means absolutely nothing. It honestly means nothing because I haven’t done anything yet.”

James was one of a few Tuskegee players to represent the school at the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Media Day earlier this month. The event was held at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta, which allowed James the chance to return to where it all started.


CONTINUE READING

No comments: