Sunday, August 6, 2017

Stellar Season Ahead For SCSU's Darius Leonard


ORANGEBURG, South Carolina -- In college football you don't always have to go to a big time program to make a name for yourself and get the attention of NFL Scouts. You just have to be great where ever you play. The South Carolina State Bulldogs have a great one.

Down in Orangeburg South Carolina State is continuing preseason drills and senior linebacker Darius Leonard is gearing up for a big year.

He's the reigning MEAC Defensive Player Of The Year and he was recently named the league's preseason defensive player of the year.

People around the country are taking note. Leonard is also on the watch list for the Butkus Awarrd. He'll battle the big boys from the Division I FBS level as well as other studs in the FCS. With these kinds of accolades this is a player who will likely be the next Bulldog taken in the NFL Draft.

Leonard knows he'll be a marked man this year but that doesn't phase him.

"That's going to push me to be better than I was last year. It's good to have a little spot on my back so it's going to have to push me to make me better," Leonard said.


CONTINUE READING

No comments: