Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Jenkins wants closure with ASU



MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- Former Alabama State football coach Brian Jenkins wants to set some things straight.

Jenkins was fired Friday afternoon after two-plus seasons, posting a 10-17 overall record with the Hornets.

Jenkins spent last weekend watching his son's prep football game and tending to his mother in Florida.

Jenkins said he has no issues with not being part of ASU's "future plan."

I just want to make sure I thank all the people who supported me during my time here," Jenkins said Monday to the Advertiser in his first interview since being fired. "We tried to make this work, but we came to an understanding. It's been pleasant. I'm still supportive of the program and the players."

Jenkins admitted the atmosphere created as he arrived at ASU in 2015 was a difficult situation to navigate.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: