Monday, December 11, 2017

WSSU parts ways with assistant coach Thabiti Davis

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- Thabiti Davis, who spent four years as the wide receivers and special teams coach at Winston-Salem State, has not been retained.

Davis, a former Wake Forest star, received the news through an e-mail from athletics director Tonia Walker last week.

“I got the news the other day via e-mail but there was no reason given for why they let me go,” said Davis, who is a former NFL player from Charlotte. “I definitely don’t understand how or what I did wrong, but like anything else I have to move on and see what’s out there.”

Davis, 42, joined the Rams before the 2014 season, which was Kienus Boulware’s first season as head coach. Boulware moved from defensive coordinator to head coach after the 2013 season.\

Davis said the only contact he’s had from anybody at WSSU was the e-mail from Walker.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: